Yoga Pose single leg lift (Uttanpadasana)
Inhale – while raising leg up gently.
Exhale – while lowering leg down gently.
1) Single Leg-lift
Step by step method:
1. Lie on your back on the floor with your palms flat on the floor and arms alongside the thighs.
2. Keep your legs together, the knees and feet extended.
3. As you inhale slowly raise one foot as comfortable as possible (max up to 90 degree) and then as you exhale lower it back to the floor.
4. Repeat on the other side.
5. Keep breathing throughout the practice.
6. Practice 5 times on each leg.
This is considered safest beginning leg-lifting exercise because it is not likely to strain a sensitive back. This posture keeps the pelvis and lower back stabilized against the floor, make it easy and comfortable.
Advance practitioner can go for double leg raising exercise.
Related Article: Yoga Pose Cat Stretch Marjariasana Benefits and Cautions